It’s that time of year when families consider moving to get their children into a good school district. A recently conducted survey that school-district boundaries do impact the buying decision for more than 60% of home buyers.
It was also found that home buyers are willing to pay more and give up certain features for a home located in their district of choice. These buyers are especially willing to give up access to shopping and nearby parks and trails, among other amenities, to reside within the school-district boundaries of their choice. For home buyers who said that school-district boundaries will have an impact on their decision, the majority rated the boundaries as an “important” consideration: A new house can mean more space, great neighbourhoods and good schools.
5 Tips to Find YOUR Dream Home Near The RIGHT School!
1. Know your family’s needs. Is your family growing? Is square footage the most important factor, or a large backyard? Make a list of exactly what you need in your family’s new home.
2. Search for homes by the best schools.
3. Review school information
4. Look for parks and play areas
5. Make a list of questions for your Realtor. When you’re ready to tour the homes on your short list, be prepared with the questions that will help you make the best investment. Ask about things that matter specifically to you and your family but also what matters for the home’s future value. Your Realtor will be able to guide you to find the right home, in the right location, near the right school.
Get yourFREEHard Copy of"How to Sell Your House for Top Dollar Fast"Book!
If you are thinking of selling your house in Hamilton, Ancaster, Dundas, or Stoney Creek, what you do right now could mean the difference of Thousands of Dollars, especially if you are buying another home!
If you're going to be moving to Hamilton in the next few months, or you just want to keep an eye on what properties are coming on the Market, get your FREE MarketWATCH Subscription and receive weekly updates of all the new listings of homes, houses and condos, in every price range and Hamilton Neighborhood.